- 3 cups Self Raising Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 2 teaspoons Butter
- 2 teaspoons Golden Syrup
- 1 cup Milk
- 2 tablespoons Boiling Water
Place camp oven on fire or coals to pre heat.
Dissolve golden syrup and butter in boiling water then add milk.
Mix flour and salt then pour in liquid ingredients, mix gently (don’t over work the batter – it’s like a scone)
Gradually add more milk if dough is too dry and roll into a circle and place in pre heated camp oven.
Cover with coals and bake for about 25-30 minutes (outside of the fire).
- Use a Trivet on the base of your camp oven, this will ensure your damper isn’t sitting on direct heat and burn.
- Take the camp oven off the coals when cooking and leave it on the side as you have enough heat inside the oven – just place coals on top of the lid to keep the heat going.
- Smother in butter and more golden syrup – this recipe is devine!